What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Monday, February 26, 2007

Good news?? 99% sure...

Received a call from Ms Hiramatsu of Waseda University just hours before I'm supposed to take a coach back to Singapore. Seemed like she had emailed me earlier in the week, asking if I require accommodation in Japan when I enroll in Waseda.

Frankly, I was very suprised. I was very 'disturbed' (in a good way) by her phone call, and many questions appeared in my head after the conversation. So, had my scholarship been confirmed and I will definitely be going over this coming Apr?? I have received no further correspondence from the Japanese embassy on the scholarship status since last Dec. So with this phone call, it threw up more questions than it has answered... On the way back, in the coach, I had all kind of scenarios playing in my head and all kind of feelings washing over me..

In the end, I had to wait till Monday to make a phone call to Ms Goh of the Japanese embassy to clarify. Seems like there was some delay with the documents on Japan side and the confirmation letters can't be send out as yet. But she was kind enough to fax me an internal record that shows my scholarship period. It is stated that my scholarship period starts Apr 2007 and ends Mar 2009. So it is almost 99% sure that I'll be going to Japan this Apr.

After discussing with Dad and Bro, I've decided to resign from my job tomorrow and start preparing to move back Msia, so that I can be ready to fly to Japan during the first week of Apr.

A new chapter begins...

2 Comments:

  • At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hooray!! Congrates jie!! n my future summer holiday destination wil b in japan rather than s'pore, ngek ngek ngek... ;P

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Heya imm jie, Congrats~

    Hope u enjoy ur life as a student again! I'm really happy for u ....

    Hope to visit u in Japan someday. ^_^

    Take care and best of luck with everything~ Keep in touch~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home