What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Sunday, January 14, 2007

New Year.. Old friends..

Met up with two of my old friends for tea/dinner just now.. YP and Irene..

I've known them for as long as I was in Singapore, which is 12 years and counting.. We met up in YP's condo in Newton. Sat down and looked thru YP's wedding photos, since both Irene and me had missed her wedding due to one reason or another.. YP looked so beautiful in her gown and CK was very dashing in his suit. They make a very compatible couple.. and now they are expecting their first baby!! Congrats!!!

Although we havent met for a long while, we are able to pick up where we left and continue to update each other on the events and happenings in our lives. Irene seemed to have a more exciting life than the 2 of us, flying here and there, meeting clients, doing research etc, while YP is busy with her job, her church works etc. Think I have the most mundane and boring life, as compared to the both of them.

If I really do go to Japan for my postgrad, think I'm going to miss my friends most. The ability to just give them a call and easily arrange to meet up for lunch/tea/dinner.. The fact that we know each other for so long that we able to understand (and overlook) the habits/quacks/likes/dislikes, and the way we just accept who each other as they are. Don't think I'll be able to make friends like them. It scared me to think that I need to repeat myself all over again to new friends in order for them to see who I am. Thus I really believe that friends made during Uni are the ones for keep for life.. 祝福你,伊屏!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home