What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Don't buy me gifts... Save the Earth instead...

Seriously, if anyone is going to give me another photo frame, mug, book or accesories, then I would rather him/her to donate to charitable organisations the money that were to be spend on my gifts/presents.

This year, I will donate the money (that were supposed to be used to buy presents for friends and colleagues) to the following organisation on your behalf..

WWF – World Wide Fund For Nature (formerly World Wildlife Fund)
http://www.panda.org/how_you_can_help/gifts/index.cfm


After watching Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth", I suddenly realised that the world might just go 'crazy' (with all the flooding, hurricanes/typhoons, heat wave, and whatever) during MY LIFE TIME!! All Mother Earth need is another 5-10 years of pollutions, and that's it.. All the ecosystem will be so screwed up that it's almost impossible to 'enjoy' nature anymore, unless one consider those man-made lakes/gardens/what-nots to be nature...

So instead of getting another gift/present that is going to sit in my cupboard collecting dust for don't-know how many years, I would rather have that money spent on conservation efforts...

So, please, if you don't know what to buy me for Christmas/my Birthday, just donate the money to WWF or any other charitable organisations. Those people/animals need the money more than me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home