What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Friday, December 22, 2006

Stomach trouble

Two Fridays ago, met up with my ex-colleagues from SISTIC for dinner and then went for karaoke.

We went to Carl’s Junior at Marina. I wanted to try the chilli beef fries, unfortunately it was sold out, so instead I tried their new burger, with Pastrami as one of the fillings. After that we went to Suntec’s K Box Karaoke as the branch in Marina was fully occupied. The 3 of us sang until almost 12:30am. At first we sang more recent Chinese Pop songs, then we started to play a fool and choose all those 80s and 90s songs to reminisce the good old times. By 12am, I could barely sing a tune. We took a cab back home. It was almost 1:30am when my head hit my pillow.

The next morning, I woke up feeling horrible. Thinking that it was due to the previous late night, I took 2 panadols and continue to sleep. When I finally woke up around 9am, I know I was very sick. Not only was I feeling feverish, my stomach was bloated and grinding. And to make things worse, I had diarrhea! My whole body was very weak. It took me almost 1 hour to bath and get dressed, and went downstairs to buy bread. I do not have any food that is can be easily digested and am too weak to cook. When I finally realized that I need to see doctor, all the clinics near my house had already closed for the day, as they only operate half day on weekends. So with no choice available to me, all I can do is to rest and sleep as much as I can.

My body really felt like shit throughout the day, only felt slightly better at night. Dragging my weak body I continue to rush for one of the 2 translation jobs due that coming Monday & Tuesday. Luckily I have already mastered the translation technique and could quickly translate the one job that was due on Monday.

When I finally woke up on Sunday, I’m almost 60% recovered. But not wanting to take any chances, I went to see the doctor. Both doctors that I consulted were not available so I had no choice but to see a new doctor. Having waited almost 1 hour for the doctor, my consultation was completed in less than 20 minutes, and he didn’t even give me a MC chit for Monday!!

After having my lunch, I’m almost 75% recovered. However, on Monday morning, I’ve decided to call in sick, so I can get rested more. With no MC chit, I had to take annual leave instead of medical sick leave. Bumper.. Wasted a day of annual leave...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home