What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Sunday, August 27, 2006

NZ... No Go... =(

Aiy.. Looks like I would need to postpone my NZ trip...

Had plan to go NZ during the first 2 weeks of Oct. Wanted to join the 10-day hiking trip to the South Island. But alas, all these would not be able to fit into my budget of SGD3.5K.

Let me list out the expenses involved:
Air fare (from Spore to Queenstown) - SGD 1450 [cheapest I can find, via Qantas]
Air fare (from Queenstown to Nelson) - SGD 300 [had to go Nelson as the hike starts there]
Hiking trip (10-days guided hike) - NZD 1100 = SGD 1100
Food during the hike (NZD20/day) - SGD 200
Lodging (2 nites at Queenstown, 1 nite at Nelson) - SGD 300
Back Pack (since I dont have one, had to buy) - SGD 260
Hiking Boots (the cheapest but durable) - SGD 200
Misc (Other misc expenses and 'standby' money) - SGD 500

Grand total= SGD 4310!!!!

Even if I can save from the lodging, by sleeping in those youth hostel or budget hotel, and managed to borrow all the equipment needed, the air fare and the guided hike alnoe would have cost almost SGD3K!!

Think I would try to find other places to go.. maybe not hiking, maybe budget traveling.. Or use the money that I've allocated on other better activities... like what? Maybe go home during that leave period, or use that money and go for a thorough body check-up which I havent had one since 5 years ago, or go for a short trip to nearby countries, maybe Taiwan or HK.., or... Worst come, I will save up that money and use my leave to rest and relax at home, learn my Japanese and play my online games.. hahahaha..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home