What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Sunday, July 30, 2006

3 person doing 5 persons' workload during the last 5 days

Last week was madness... not that I went through that low carb diet of mine, but the fact is the team is left with 3 engineers, me inclusive. 2 of the engineers were on annual leave for 5 days and the 3 of us was left to cover the job/duty of 5.

Many things happened.. but luckily we are able to handle them.. Vomitted lots of blood due to the incompetence of various parties, my boss included. People asking stupid questions, people making same stupid mistakes, people causing major/minor problems for no reason, etc...

Seriously, HP better find replacement for the colleague who is leaving end of this week quick or there will be more of us leaving.. We can only sustain for so long.. The load is getting heavier and the resources is not coming in soon enough. So what if my VISA boss managed to get 2 new head counts from her management? It will amount to nothing if my HP boss drags his feet, or as he say it: "cannot find people ma, what you want me to do?" Asking someone to do tasks that one is not trained to do and demanded the same high quality and efficiency. How reasonable is that? It is not as if that person can neglect his/her current job/tasks and concentrate on these new tasks. Everyday everything here is 'Urgent'. How can that be?? We are the operations team, so projects should be placed at a lower priority, which unfortunately is not being done.

My team of 5 engineers will be down to 4 the following week. And there is not a single interview conducted yet!! To think that she sent in her notice almost 1.5 months ago!! If one of us is to leave now, the whole team will definitely collapse.. How I wish I could be the tipping point, the straw that broke the camel's back.. but alas, I can't... at least not until next Feb.. when the decision is out..

Recently my HP manager wrote an email to my VISA manager, asking her help to slow down the projects that is being channeled to our team. Telling her that the team morale is very low as all of us are overworked. What a dope! Does he think that she will risked being chastise by her management as the one holding/delaying the projects, just because the 'outsourced' operation team is overworked and in low morale?? How naive can he be?? The only thing he should and could do is to get replacement in fast and offload us! Don't give me the crap that he can't find the right engineers for the job.. If he is to offer enough money, people will come. With money, nothing is impossible.. Everyone has a right price. If he gives all of us a 30% pay increase, I think our morale will definitely be very high... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home