What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Thursday, August 10, 2006

What happened last week... in short...

Happening week it was last week..

Mon (31 Jul)
Went to Furama Hotel at Havelock Road for farewell treat by my Visa boss. All of us in the team, plus 2 from Server Operations team and my boss. The spread was so-so only, not very fantastic. But well, since we are not paying, no complaints.. :P Sat around and talked a lot of crap.. Reached home almost 12midnight!

Tue (01 Aug)
Went to Outback Steakhouse in Millenia Walk for another farewell makan for the same colleague. There are 10 of us. We had steaks, fries, calamari, and the usual western stuff. Not too bad.. Although the portion was not as huge as I was expecting, especially after hearing what one of my colleague said earlier.

Wed - Thu
Stomach rest day...
Kuan reached Spore on Thu late evening. I took public transport to the airport to pick him up. Didn't expect his flight to be early. He had to wait for me for almost an hour.. Took taxi back. Slept around 2.30am friday morning.

Fri (04 Aug)
Told my colleagues that I'll be coming in late today. After work, went for dinner organised by my HP boss's boss, Andrew, a 'new' fella who took over 2 months ago. Very slimey and cunning fella, who answers questions without commiting anything and talks as if you must/will kow-tow to him.. The food was so-so only, although the venue (Spore Recreation Club) is nice. Wasted my 2+hours on this dinner, listening to all the usual management (sweet) talk. Had to stayed up late (till 1am) to finish up the translation job..

Sat (05 Aug)
Took coach with Kuan to go to KL. 9am bus. Didnt reach the 2nd Link till almost 10:30am!! The journey was slower than I expected. Reached outskirt of KL around 2pm. Alighted at Serdang instead of Puduraya. Dad, mum and Ah Big came to pick us up. Went to 4th Auntie's place for dinner. Instead of cooking, we all went to a restaurant for steamboat. The food is good!! The bill came up to about RM350 for 13 of us, not too expensive, considering we had prawns and crabs. Went back to 4th Uncle's house to chit-chat till almost 12midnight. Stayed over at Kuan's condo in Sri Kembangan.

Sun (06 Aug)
Early in the morning, we drove to Malacca to meet 9th Uncle and for Kuan to get his car. Reached Malacca around 11:30am. Went for lunch. Wanted to go to some special prata shop, but unfortunately the shop closed down and we ended up having Peranakan food. The food is good... We spend around RM130 for 9 of us. We then went to my uncle's TCM shop house and chatted. Jiu Su did some accupuncture on mum's feet and he also took my pulse. He took quite a while 'listening' to my pulse, on my left hand and my right hand. He said my body is the 寒type, so cannot take too much of 凉茶 or 穿心莲 and must avoid cold drinks. He even gave my some chinese herbs to take. We left Malacca around 5pm. Hit a traffic jam in Seremban, lost our way several times in KL before reaching 7th Uncle's house almost 9pm! Everyone was very hungry and we went to a small roadside stall to eat. The food is GOOD!! After the dinner we went back to 7th Uncle's house. Since the next day was a Monday, everyone left shortly, and so did we.

Mon (07 Aug)
Kuan drove Ah Big to try to get her Russian visa renewed early in the morning, while I followed mum and dad home to Taiping. Reached Taiping around 1pm. Slept a while. Kuan and Ah Big reached Taiping almost 6pm. We went out for a simple dinner and rushed home for mum to catch her 9pm Korean Serial.

Tue (08 Aug)
Had Pizza Hut for dinner. It was horrible. The pizza was not properly cooked, with the cheese still looking 'pale', instead of the usual golden brown. The salad was too dry and the service sucks big time. Took the 9:30pm bus from Taiping to Spore. Reached Spore the next day 6am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home