What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Thursday, June 22, 2006

While she was gone...

My Visa boss is on leave for 2 weeks, this and the next week. And while she was gone one of my colleagues from my team is resigning as she has found another (better) job.

When she told me this Monday, I wasn't very suprised. Out of the 5 of us in the team, she seems the one who would leave the earliest. When someone stops complaining about their work, there can only be 2 reasons: either they had persuaded themselves to take the shit, or they had decided to look for greener pasture and leave, regardless. So she was one of the later.

Frankly, I am happy for her that she is leaving. This job/project is not worth our time and effort. This is only a contractual position, and what HP promised verbally they did not deliver as they later claimed that it was not stated in our contracts!! The HP management only know how to fire fight, and will not do pro-active to take care of its engineers. If the team leader didn't complain to our HP boss about the workload/etc, like my team lead, my HP boss will not even come to see how we are doing, or check out the morale problem/complaints that we might have. They will not reward a job well-done... So why stay? Cos I'm making use of them, just as they are exploiting me. They get what they paid for, which is a contractual kind of work performance. If they can't even issue us a namecard for us to tell people that we are working for HP in the Visa project, how much sense of belonging do they think we will have? How to tell people what/where I'm working as when I can't even produce a name card to support my claim of position?

Thus I'm looking forward to the contract renegotiation in a few months' time... Then they will know that it doesn't pay to ignore the people who are bringing in the dough...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home