What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Friday, June 02, 2006

Howling youngster, Helpless father...

Took bus No.76 home as usual today. But what was unusual was that a father carried his crying son onto the same bus as well...

The kid is about 5-6 years old, and he was crying and screaming at the top of his voice... It was a double-decked bus, and I went to the top deck as usual, while the father & son sat at the lower deck. What was unbelieveable is that the youngster cried and screamed for more than 30mins!!! I was very irritated, almost wanted to go down and give the boy a slap if they had not alight from the bus.

These is one of the reason I don't like to go to crowded places or go out during weekends or school holidays. If only the kids would behave themselves in pulic and not make a nuisance of themselves. However, I will not blame the kids, but rather the parents for these behaviours. 所谓:子不教,父母之过!!And I was never a believer of 爱的教育,I believe that "Spare the cane, spoil the kid". At certain point of time, caning/corporal punishment is required. Trying to rationalise with a crying screaming baby/toddler/child is useless, achieves nothing except frustrating both the parent and the child. The talking/reasoning part can be done after the baby/toddler/child has calmed down and willing to listen.

With most of the kids nowadays being taken care of by their maids, I can't help but wonder how much values/moral have the kids of today learned? Because of the limited time parents spend with their children, they might resort to indulge or 放纵 as compensation, always giving themselves excuses not to see the real issue. That is why I believe that not everyone is suitable to be a parent. It is not an experiment where one can say, "Oops, sorry. Let me try again." Being a parent doesnt mean that one just provide them with all the comforts of the world; one need to educate them in the sense of being a civilised cultured person, and not just academically or career-wise.

我指的是养育,而非侍养;“侍养”是指三餐温饱,不受风吹雨打,不受疾病缠身,快高长大,好比侍养家里的小猫小狗那样。“养育”中的“育”才是分辨我们人类与动物的不同。每个父母都希望儿女比自己更出色,青出于蓝而胜于蓝,但往往他们只关注物质方面的富裕而忘了心理及公民意识的建设,所以才会看到许多中上层阶级的下一代是如何地目无尊长、自视过高、道德颓废、完全不为他人着想。可悲阿!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home