What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Expensive Trip...

Went to Shenton Medical at the Republic Plaza this morning for a medical checkup. Had to do it for the Monbusho scholarship interview later this month. When I showed them the medical certification form, the receptionist did not know how to proceed. She had to seek her supervisor's advice as to how to proceed and what to advice me. Thus I had to wait for the supervisor who was in a meeting. Luckily I didn't have to wait very long. The supervisor, a Malay lady which I didnt manage to get her name, was experience enough not to be stumped by the form. She explained to me each and every test that I needed. There was no health screening package that could do all those tests/examinations and I had to pay for each and every one of them separately! So in the end the bill came up to about SGD180!! But what choice do I have?? Time is running out and I am desperate. So I spend the whole morning doing all the tests, ECG, Chest X-ray, took blood sample, urine sample, etc.. And til now, I still owe them my stool sample.. aiy... Need to pass it to them as soon as possible, but I dont see it being possible, with the earlist being Thursday, cos I need to be in office by 8am tomorrow and I have Japanese lesson tomorrow night... Maybe I can drop by during lunch time...

I also bought myself a plane ticket, from Singapore to KL for the 21 Jun at 10am. There is no other alternative and I had to choose either MAS or SIA. Since MAS had the flight that suits my timing the most, I had to fork out SGD213 for a one-way ticket!! What a daylight robbery this is!! And i had to go to Singapore Shopping Centre to collect the ticket!!

So all in all, just today, I had spent close to SGD400 for that interview... So hopefully it is a worthwhile investment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home