What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Saturday, June 10, 2006

It has started...

The World Cup 2006 has finally started yesterday..

Since young, I've been a supporter of the German team, so this year I will continue to support Germany in the quest for their 4th World Cup. Although my head tells me that they are not capable of beating the Brazilians, but my heart tells me otherwise. Like they say, the ball is round, so anything can happen. I was ecstatic that they won 4:2 against Costa Rica last night/early this morning. As I do not subscribe to cable tv, I will not be able to watch any matches other than the 4 matches that Channel 5 is showing (which is the openning match, the semifinals and the final).

I can still remember the last World Cup in Japan/Korea. I was sent to US on a business trip during the semifinals and finals. I caught one of the semifinal matches(between Brazil and Turkey) with my US business associate at his house on the morning that I arrived in US, even before checking into the hotel!! I was on the plane when the other semifinal match was played. And I watched the final between Germany and Brazil in my hotel bed. I was heart broken when Brazil scored the 2nd goal.

Watching yesterday's match has brought back memories to me. Some of the names of the players who played was very familiar. Players like Klose, Frings and Schneider were ones whom I've not read/seen playing for a long while. I do not follow EPL or any other football leagues as closely as I did a couple of years ago. I still supports Man Utd, Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Barcelona but not as fanatical as before. Although even then I was just a 'silent/closet' supporter, as I do not buy any of their jerseys (cos SGD90+ could be better utilised than buying a jersey), nor do I go around telling/challenging people that my team(s) were/are the best.

Hopefully, I'll get the watch 2 more matches of the German team playing and finally see them lifting the World Cup in their own country... Let's hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home