What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Monday, May 22, 2006

And they asked me again.. (Part II)

Well, I was hoping that my Visa boss will talk to me today on the Team Lead position, but she didnt.

I asked the advice of the current Server Ops Team Lead and soon-to-be my Assistant Manager on whether the job scope etc is worth taking it up. He told me that the other guy, Johnson is keen on the Team Lead position. Thus I told him that if Johnson is that keen to take this up, then I shall not compete with him, cos I wasn't very keen on the position in the first place. I do not want to sour the good working relationship that we have.

Then I heard from another colleague, Daniel, that one of our former colleague, Dylan (who was previously my applications team's team lead) is keen to come back! So now it seems that there might be 3 person vie-ing for the position! And so far, there is no indication at all from my Visa boss (until today), who she wants ultimately...

After thinking it through, but without any further confirmation/denial from my bosses (HP and Visa), with the added (almost doubled) workload and responsibility and without the proper remunerations whatsoever, it is my disadvantage to take this position up. I do not foresee myself having time to venture into non-IT courses or spend my time doing translation for Kuan, as I will be using all the time I have to brush up and improve my server skills.

However, if tomorrow my Visa/HP boss wants to talk to me on this, I'm all ears, but I will not budge on the core issue, which is $$$$$. They must make me feel that it is worth spending my after-office hours working/catching up on my technical skills. I used to be very competitive, fighting for every chance to prove myself to get more responsibility/work, even without increment. Used to. Now? Thanks, but no thanks. Pay me, I'll work; no pay increment, no extra work. Pure and Simple.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home