What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Waiting Game...

Just got back from Malaysia... To and back in less than 48 hours.

Took a coach to Taiping on Friday night, 9.30pm. Boy, was it eventful! First I found out that the aircon duct above my seat could not be covered, meaning I'll be 'enjoying' the coach's aircon all through the night!! Luckily, during one of the stops I managed to use the cardboard box (that contains a fruit cake) to block that aircon duct. Then the coach's engine almost died twice along the way; while in Tanjung Malim, a few of us were told to change bus! and the final 'finale' was that the driver forgot/didn't know where to let us alight, thus instead of Simpang, Taiping, he dropped us at Kamunting, Taiping. By the time dad fetched me, it's almost 8.30am!!

After a quick breakfast (of Lo-Mee) and a stopover to dad's factory to notify Uncle Chua that we'll be going to KL, we went home. A quick shower and packing/unpacking later, we were off to KL around 10am. I took home the Kamus Dewan which is going to be very useful to me for Kuan's translation jobs. We reached KL around 2pm and we decided to recce the place that I have to be on Sunday before 9am. We went around KL town and more or less were familiar with the route that we need to take the next day. Then we went to Seri Kembangan, near Mines Resort to Kuan's condo. I was feeling rather feverish, and was quite tired. We walked to Mines Resort for a quick dinner and bought some groceries and some bread. Took some chinese medicine before sleeping as I was begining to have running nose.

Woke up at 5:30am the next morning but continue to lie in bed til 6:30am. Took a hot bath and was out at 7:20am. Dad took two wrong turnings and we ended up have to pay RM$2.80 of toll. We reached the place (Confucious Ind. School) at Jalan Hang Jebat at ard 7.45am. There were about 224 candidates out of which 60 will be shortlisted for the next round. So the chances were quite high, one out of four! Everything was quite easy and straighforward for me and I'm confident that I will be among the shortlisted. Everything was done at 10am. During that time, dad and mum went to PuduRaya and got me a ticket back to Singapore. We killed time at a McDonald restaurant nearby. The coach which was supposed to arrive at 12:15pm did not appear until almost 1pm, due to the massive traffic jam around PuduRaya which is actually the norm.

It seems that the coach is supposed to stop at Larkin Bus Station only, but the ticket sold to us was til Woodlands. Thus we were made to change coach again at Yong Peng! There were several ladies from NUS on the bus, one of them is actually from Ipoh but had been studying in Spore since Sec 3. They were holidaying in KL.

So for this trip, I took 4 coaches!! From Spore to Taiping, Coach 9119 to 8822; then from KL to Spore, Coach 5001 to 9888. Luckily the bus company (Alisan) is still responsible enough to arrange for us to be driven all the way to Woodlands, instead of just dropping us in Larkin Bus Station...

Thus end my 48 hours of mad rush.. Hopefully there will be good news come this June...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home