What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Bed Hunting... Shoes Searching..

Woke up around 10am this morning, had breakfast and went to Ang Mo Kio Central. Took the free shuttle service from AMK MRT station to IKEA. Went straight to the bed section and sat on several set of mattresses on display. Wanted to get a firmer bed, but decided on a softer one after reading up on the in-store mattress guide. Since I sleep more on my side than on my back, a firmer bed is not ideal as it will not allow my hip and shoulder to sink down to maintain a straight spine. The mattress comes with a 10year warranty, and will be delivered to me next Saturday. Hopefully, by mid May, my bad back will recover..

Since I was in the vicinity, I went to Queen's Town Shopping center, 'the' place to get cheap sport shoes. I bought myself a New Balance 766 Running Shoes. A men's running shoes, as there are no women shoes with my sizes.. :( That's the pain of having huge feet! I had to always 'hunt' for shoes, and always get frustrated when I can't have the ones that I like. Either I liked the design but none fitted, or it fits me nicely but I don't like the design... Thus most of the time I ended wearing men's running shoes... In this case I had to take size 9.5!!

So at the end of the day, I had bought myself a new mattress and a pair of new running shoes.. All these costed me a total of $350, I do feel the pinch but I think they are good investment... Thank god for those translation jobs.. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home