What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Sunday, April 30, 2006

PM Lee and Wife.. and Gang...

Had a good suprise this morning..

Went to buy breakfast at the nearby hawker centre this morning.. Saw a group of people in whites walking towards the wet market and hawker centre. Didn't give much of a thought, until I heard an uncle say to his friend, "Eh! You dont want to go shake Lee Hsien Loong's hand ah?". Oh.. PM Lee is here to do campaigning/canvassing for votes... Not a busybody in nature, I went ahead to my usual stores to get my 猪肠粉 and 豆花. Just in front of the hawker centre, there was a tent, with tables and chairs, oh, they (the PAP 'entourage') are going to have breakfast here! Later I did catch a glimpse of PM Lee and also his wife, Mdm Ho Ching. Mmmm.. how shall I describe him and her? He looks younger than he seems on TV, and she looks much better in real person than on prints. All around them, I can see the people are excited, even those who tried to act "no-big-deal seeing the PM" and was still trying to steal a few glances of him. Didn't had the chance to shake his hand though... He was off to somewhere else alone when his entourage was there tucking in to the food.

Well, having seen the PM of Spore today, I must admit, PM Lee has the look and 气势 of a Prime Minister, a no-nonsense person who is also approachable.. Actually, I would love to meet SM Goh Chok Tong and MM Lee Kuan Yew more than PM Lee Hsien Loong. I had the chance to meet with PM Abdullah Badawi in 1993 while he was still the foreign minister when he came to BM High School as an Old Boy for some event. PM Badawi looked very mild and non-threatening then, and I believe he still is now. I can feel the dynamism, purposeness and alertness of PM Lee today, even when he was supposed to be 与人民打成一片. Maybe PM Badawi has changed, maybe. However, I can imagine when the both of them stand together or even have a discussion, PM Lee will surely 把 PM Badawi 吃了.. or at least has the 气势 of doing so. No wonder Msian government can't win any fights/debates with Spore, 战还没打,气势就被人比了下来;说理又未必说得过人家;若真的打起战来,肯定打不过人家. 可悲啊。。。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home