What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What an 'eventful' day!!

(aka what a crappy day)
And the day started innocently enough...

With my PC's getting a clean bill of health after weeks of sickness (blank blue screen when starting up). It happened. Suddenly, the error messages kept appearing.. first it was the NetMeeting software, then it was my Entrust profile, my WinAmp refuses to play music, same as my Window Media Player, finally my explorer died. So I ask the Desktop support guy to replace my hard disk, since they have already requisite a new one for me. With that I had the prospect of re-installing all the non-standard softwares that I require to do my work.. but I rather spend time installing a new hard disk then to always have to work around a bad one.

Just when I thought I can finally do my work, one of my guys who is on duty (that 24/7 monitoring team) had to go on urgent leave as his grandfather is fatally ill. Less than 30 minutes later, he called to inform that his grandfather has indeed passed away. So I need to find a replacement for his shift today, his night shift tomolo night and again his day shift on Sat. It is sooooo frustrating when I am not able to help in anyway, that I can't even cover their duty for 2 hours!!!! I was not trained in doing what they are doing, but yet I am supposed to be their team lead. What a joke! After making some phones calls, the other team members are supportive enough to cover the shifts.

By the time my new hard disk was fully configured, it's almost 5pm!! And with the new hard disk come the new versions of softwares that I am totally not familiar with! I had to spend time figuring out how to do things that normally takes minutes, like the stupid new version of Outlook 2003. It refuses to send out my emails, saying "the mailbox has exceeded the limit". What crap! And to make things worse, the DVD-ROM decided to go on strike! Ha! Great!! This has to happen just when I need to install all the non-standard softwares!! With the Desktop support guy already gone back, and even if he is around, he can't do much as they do not do DVD-ROM replacement, I will need to share out another PC's DVD-ROM so I can mapped to it in order to use it to install my softwares!! And my Entrust software is not working on the new hard disk... Arrrggghhhh......

With my work piling up and yet to be cleared after my loooooong CNY holidays, things are just not great..

I'll be looking forward to another 'eventful' day tomorrow.. *groan*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home