What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Mundane Job... Mundane IT Line...

2nd day of work.. My lady boss was supposed to be back from her holiday (in HK), but (un)fortunately she went on mc today.

Frankly, our team do not require her regular attention. We are here to make sure things are working fine. We are professionals. So unless there is any mishap (touch wood, touch wood), we rather her not being around as she is one who micro-manages. However, work is never something all of us meant to enjoy, thus her eyes are constantly on us. Not to mention that there are lots of politicking between the department heads.. If it wasn't for the back-stabbing and/or back office manoeuving, this job is, I must admit, quite interesting with lots to learn. Luckily all of us are shielded by the fact that we are contract staff. People do not want to waste their time on us. They might want us to be on their sides, but never as an equal. We are but pawns in the game of office politics.

But all these dont bother me much. I am here to do work, and I will work. Let the managers have all the fun, trying to out-do, out-manoeuver and out-smart one another. I'm here 8am to 5pm. Nothing more nothing less. It is a real mundane job, cos seriously, as being a contract worker doesnt gives one motivation to strive harder. Whether you over-deliver or under-deliver, unless you really screw-up, it is highly unlikely that you will be asked to leave. Thus the 'bo-chap' attitude of most of my colleagues. I am not trying to defend them or myself. It is the truth, how sad it might seem to outsiders. And very sadly, this is the way the IT industry is heading... unavoidable..

Aiy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home