What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Overated.. those managers...

My last 3 workdays were spend cooped up in a room with my manager and other 'managers' for a training that they obviously do not need. It was a training for the engineers who will be doing the dirty work of installing and maintaining the application....

But again, the company is rich, so they can afford to send those who don't need the training for this 5-day course and they can afford to have so many managers absent from the office. Bottom line is they are micro-managers, ones who scrutinize every action their subordinates made, questions each decision/judgement calls and penalise when their 'underlings' do not report to them their every moves. Well, we are all professionals, we know what we are doing and what we are supposed to do. We do not need someone to breath down our necks and have to think twice about how to 'please' those people at the top. We just want to get the work done, period!

If they are going to attend the training, at least give some respect to the trainer. Some of them came in late, talked among themselves during the class, talked loudly over their handphones, took long breaks and sometimes practically forget that there is someone teaching in front...

Everyone wants to be a manager, but not everyone can be a GOOD manager. There are just too many so-called managers, who do not value-add to the company and can't manage even a dog, walking among us. They are just the oldest or most senior around.

I know myself, I know I won't be a good manager (maybe not yet), thus I will not pursue such positions. It will only make things more stressful for myself and whomever unfortunate enough to be under me.. I shall learn the craft of management by being a good team leader first. One small step at a time..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home