What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Quixotic Manager? You bet!!

You can't imagine how annoyed I was yesterday evening when I was asked to go training for today. I had things planned and schedules made for today, things I wanna complete before next week when I will be going on leave for the Chinese New Year.. But no.. My colleague couldn't make it cos his project is in a mess now and the PM is panicking and wanted things fixed/solved asap.. so he can't attend the scheduled training today and tomorrow..

Bloody hell!! So what am I? a Standby? Backup?? Spare tyre? Why can't he just missed the stupid training and do his project? Why must my plans be disrupted becos that?? And to make things worst, I had a new staff who still need guidance and no one around to give him..

Frankly, I don't know what that manager of mine is doing.. She is really getting on my nerves, and it's getting worst by the day. She wants everything done, and yet won't stop giving us different work scope every time we meet. She promised many things to be accomplish within a timeline, yet could not remember what she agreed to with the other departments..

Well, let's wait and see.. I shall not be affected by her quixotic behaviour. Everything I do will be of my 'best effort' within the working hours. Nothing more. With that amount of money they are paying me, sorry, don't expect any overtime from me.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Bob Goh said…

    Hmm.. Looks like Singapore is no better than Malaysia. I thought "the moon is always brighter and bigger in oversea ".

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger imm said…

    Well, there are idiots everywhere, even in this "First World" country. Like I said before, not everyone can be a good manager, but it seems that any Tom, Dick or Harry, with enough years under him/her will strive to be one, even if they sucks big time...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home