What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sunday night blues....

The thought of having to work tomorrow just makes me depressive...

I used to jump out of bed, eagerly awaits for another exciting day at the office.. Sometimes with several projects going on, I used to be thrilled to be overwelmed by work (don't ask me why, maybe it was due to my 年少无知). I used to work late, until 6-7pm normally, and won't want to go home even!

Alas! How things have changed! Ever since the notion of 'permanent rice bowl' and loyalty to the company have been squashed few years back, the motion of going to work is only to pay my bills. Nothing more nothing less. I need the money, they need my expertise, fair trade. End of the day, if either one of us do not require the service of the other, we part ways. No hard feelings, no attached emotions.

How materialistic/mercenary it has become, you might comment. Well, since when does the company give a hoot about you or your family? End of the day, all they worried about is their bottom line or their dignity or whatever. Thus, when did 'you' come into their quotient?

If there is another company offering better benefits, jump ship NOW!! No one will appreciate your sacrifices nor will anyone remembers you when the times are good.. Be realistic! This is a dog-eat-dog world. Everyone is looking after their own asses, and your boss will be the last one you would expect to cover yours. So, please remember: 人不为己,天诛地灭。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home