What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Had a Good Year... 2005...

In less than 2 hours, it'll be my 31st Birthday...

Frankly, I can't believe it, that I'm already in my thirties!! Anyway, it was a good 30th year of my life, quite a fruitful one in fact. There are 2 major milestones achieved in 2005 that I am very proud of.

Firstly, I finally took the first step in becoming a translator. It has been on my mind for a couple of years but I never took any steps in realising it except talking about it. This year, I took the course and completed it. With my last exam result still pending, I can say that I did quite well in the course, 1A-4B-2C so far.

Secondly, I took part in the Standard Chartered Marathon running my first 10km race, and I finished within my own target of 1hour 30 mins. This run was on my mind too for quite some time, again, it was just thoughts that needed to be put into action. And this year I did!!

But with things that I have achieved that I am proud of this year, there are some things that I wished I had done better. First and foremost, keeping in touch with all my friends. I must admit, with the translation classes and work commitment, I didn't have much time to meet up with my friends or be there more often when they needed my support, and neglecting them in the process. Hopefully they will understand what I was going thru and I will try to make up to them next year. Next, I wished that I could put in more effort in my assignments so my results will be much better. I know I could do better, but I took it easy in several of the modules, putting in maybe 60-70% effort into them, instead of 100%.

Anyway, all these have passed and my 31st year will be ushered in soon.. Better start thinking of my birthday resolutions... instead of regreting things that I can't change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home