What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Keeping My New Year Resolutions....

Ah... A brand new 2006!

Didn't go out to celebrate.. like I said previously, I don't like crowded places, so where else to celebrate the arrival of a new year but at home? Actually, it can't even be called a 'celebration', maybe just a small toast to myself, a pat at the back for surviving yet another year, mind and body intact.. ^-^

The year 2005 was one that was quite uneventful for me, which I am thankful for. No major tragedies nor joyous moments. Smooth is the word. This year, 2006, I hope will be another smooth year too. Sometimes when I look back, in retrospect, things usually are not as dire as it seems when it first happened. At that moment, things might seemed all gloom and doom, as if all things will come crushing down. But looking back after several weeks/months/years, I am suprised that things weren't as bad as it seemed. I too have learnt to take things easy. Sometimes all one need to do is to step back and ask oneself two questions: "What will the worst case scenario be? Can I accept it if it really happens?" These questions will put your thoughts into perspectives.

Not unlike previous years, I too have made several new year resolutions for 2006. One of them is to participate in the year-end Standard Chartered Marathon's 10Km run again, this time to finish it within an hour! With 1 full year to train, I think I should be able to do it.. Another would be to read at least 60 books, which works out to about 5 books a month, something that I think is achievable. This year, I will take up Japanese language, and hopefully by end of 2006 I would have passed my JLPT Level 4 exam. Other than the above (tangible) goals, I have the usual: be more considerate, be more tolerant, less time wasting, go out more often etc etc kind og intangible goals.. which only I will know if I have achieved it or not... :P

So happy writing your new year resolutions and

May everyone have a smooth-sailing year in 2006!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home