What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Sunday, December 04, 2005

And I ran... 10km today...

I met my target of finishing the 10km run within 90 minutes. If I'm not wrong, the timing might be around 80+ minutes. Not bad... :)

Didn't really sleep that well last night. Woke up a couple of time worrying that I might overslept. Luckily I didn't.

Took a bus to the MRT and then MRT to City Hall. Was late in fact for the start-off. Reached the padang around 7.10am, searched for the VISA tent for 10min, then walked to the wrong starting line. When I eventually do start to run (from the starting line) it was (based on my watch) almost 7.30am!! Almost 30 min late!

Anyway, since there is a chip (black colored) that will record the start and end time, it makes no difference whether we start with the whole group or not. Slowly and gradually I made up the distance. Passed quite a number of runners. I kept running all the way to the 5km mark without stopping. It took me less than 40min to get there, which is suprisingly fast for me. Normally I will take more than 40min to reach the 5km mark. After that I stopped and walked for a while, before running again. I think I dont perform well under the sun, I ran better at cooler climate. Luckily, Singapore roads are shaded by the trees along the sides, so only occasionly do the runners need to run under the sun. I tried to push myself to run faster and not stop that often. Alas, during the final 2 km I had to stop and walk a couple of time. Maybe that's the sign of insufficient training...

Regardless, I am just happy that I finally ran my 1st 10km today and got a finisher medal to show for it. Will wait for the official cert to see my exact timing... Next year, I will definitely sign-up for the 10km run again before attempting farther distances. And of course, next year, I will aim to finish within an hour! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home