What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

TransAmerica was okay....

Went to watch Transamerica just now. It was not too bad.. But comparatively, the story is so-so, but the acting was good.

The actress who acted as a man who wanted be a woman is very good. Felicity Duffman earned her Oscar nomination. As I did not watch Walk the Line, I can't compare her performance with Reese Witherspoon. Hillary was well-known for her role in Desperate Housewife, but I think this movie might be one of her greater performance. The way she portray 'Bree' (aka 'Stanley') was very good. Her every moves and posturing expresses the desire to be someone who he/she was not born to be. And I must say, the young man, Kevin Zegers who played his/her son is cute! :P He too put up a good performance.

Some of the scenes were hillarious, some somber, and there are quite a few where I do felt pity and sympathetic for Bree/Stanley and people like them. It's a movie that wants people to take others as they are, no judging of what they do/did/will be doing. Just accepting them for what they are. The part where his/her family finally provided the money he/she needed to get back to California, and his/her son, after learning the shocking truth, came back to look for her shows that the world is willing to learn to accept the fact that he/she wants to be a woman.

It did not try to preach nor judge, just presented it the way a man would feel/encounter in his quest to be a woman. All in all, I would give it a 2.5 out of 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home