What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Hairs off!

Went for a haircut this morning. Couldn't stand my hair curling the wrong way..

I've been going to this same hairstylist, Eileen, for almost 3.5 years now. Her saloon is at Ang Mo Kio Ave 10. Ever since I moved to Ang Mo Kio, I've been walking to her saloon every time I needed a haircut. It was a quick 20-25min walk. I tend to make my appointment with her in the morning, around 10 or 11am, so I can walk under the morning sun and get some much needed Vit-D.

I tend to stay with one stylist as I am very particular about letting strangers touching my hair. My mum has been cutting my hair since I was born until I was in my 2nd year in NUS. My previous stylist had cut my hair for almost 5 years. I left her because of her pricing and also because of a recommendation and review (of the current stylist) by my friend. She used to charge $28 for a simple haircut, then the price keep going up, until it's almost $40!! While my current hairstylist, Eileen, has been charging me $20 for the past 3 years.

I trust Eileen for her professionalism and will take her advice on the style that suits me. I am not very brave in experimenting with new hairstyles nor colors. So I tend to get back the same hair style most of the time, unless I felt I'm up for a new look. Maybe next time I might try something new..

But one thing for sure, I'm not suitable for long hair. It just looked weird on me and furthermore, my hair roots are quite weak thus resulting in more hair loss. All these years, I've only had long hair once, during my last year in NUS, for about 6 months. It was a total disaster and I can sense my hair was thinning at an alarming rate. Of course not to mention the amount of shampoo needed for long hair.. So aesthetic and cost wise, I will stick to short hair.. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home