What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Thursday, March 29, 2007

So Long and Farewell, Singapore!

Tonight shall be the last nite I'm going to spend in Singapore.... Tomorrow afternoon, I will be taking a SQ flight out of Singapore, back to Malaysia (Penang).

Time flies. In a flash, I had been in Singapore for almost 13 years!!

I came down for tertiary education in NUS in June 1994. Alone, with only 2 suitcases, I took KTM train down from Bukit Mertajam to Singapore. Grand-auntie came to the railway station to fetch me. I stayed over at her place for a couple of days, before I report to NUS, Eusoff Hall for freshmen orientation.. I could still remember the room I was allocated, Room C211. That's where I first got to knowYP, we were room-mates..

Three and a half years later, I graduated. I had stayed in Eusoff Hall and in C Block the whole time. Went thru 3 IHGs (Inter-Hall Games) and 4 IBG (Inter-Block Games)s. Made lots of friends, but nowadays only kept in contact with two, YP and Irene.

Stayed with Irene for a while before renting her aunt's room in Khatib for about 1 year when I started working in SISTIC. I bumped into June, my secondary school mate from Convent BM, during one of the MRT ride home. We rented a whole flat and stayed in Khatib for almost 4 years, until the landlord wanted the house back. Then we moved to Sengkang, Compass Heights. I stayed there for almost 3 years. After which I moved to my current flat in AMK Ave 4 in Jun 2005.

Tomorrow, I will be leaving Singapore with two suitcases, although not the same 2 suitcases that I came over with. For the first time, I will leave Singapore without a set of house keys, without my bed/stuff to come back to. The sense of lost is overwhelming.

13 years ago, I came down to Singapore to start my undergraduate school life; 13 years later, I'm leaving Singapore to start my postgraduate school life in Japan. All the vacations I spent in Malaysia, during CNY or mid year holidays, could not have added up to more than 1 year. I felt that I feel more at ease in Singapore than Malaysia. Malaysia is where my family is, but Singapore is where my friends are... Malaysia is where I grew up; Singapore is where I wised up...

Farewell, Singapore!! I will definitely come back for a visit, every time I go back Malaysia... Take care of yourselves, my friends!! Stay healthy and well always... Till we meet again, adieus!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home