What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Thursday, March 22, 2007

First day of 'Unemployment'..

Today is my first day of not working.. :)

Yesterday was my last day of work in Visa. Really having problem describing my feelings, even at this hour.. Really 百感交集.

In a way, I’m glad that I’m out of the mad house, I no longer need to ‘entertain’ and handle all kinds of idiosyncrasy of the users and (esp) the managers. In another way, I feel sad that I had to leave such a good and fun bunch of colleagues behind. The last 3 years was really very fruitful, very challenging and very fun working in Visa. Although the downs are aplenty, but somehow the ups managed to compensate the downs, though not in terms of monetary means.

The camaraderie among the team was very strong and we really did stand up and help each other. That’s where I realized that there is indeed such thing as “All for one and One for All!” and it’s definitely not a cliché or a PR slogan. Every one of us knows what is expected of us and perform our part, just like a well-oiled machinery - each bots, nuts, wheels, etc know exactly what to do.

However, having said that, I am worried that with the new infusion of flesh blood, the team is having cohesive issues. The new birds are just not pulling their weights as they should be. Maybe I'm being too critical of them and measure their capability too much based on the “old birds" capabilities. But somehow, I just cant help but worry about the load of the team, especially now with Edmund taking on 2 team lead role and not having an assistant to help him..

Although I know that I'm no longer a part of the team, but I just can't help it but to worry for the additional workload of my leaving that is to be shared among the team. Looking at the past history and experience, my replacement might take a while to find. Here, I can only hope that Allan can get my replacement in asap, and take off the load from the team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home