What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Office Moved.

Finally!! The office relocation has completed its final stage yesterday night. All 4 stages of office relocation have been completed successfully, but not without hiccups along the way... Now my office is in an industrial area, rather than the business area and the servers that were hosted in a data center were brought back to the same building as our office. No more trips down to IDC (Internet Data Center) to do maintainance tasks nor admin works. All of us are able to either remote login or walk over to the server and work on it.

However, this marks the end of our 'low' period. Due to the office relocation, all projects were put on hold and our daily workload were about 40% lower than the 'normal' period. So the end of office relocation also signal the start of the mad rush of projects, many of them with datelines of March 06. I'm already tasked for 3 projects, but luckily (or unluckily) I will not be doing any routine BAU (Business as Usual) stuff. On my plate, there will only be projects and management of the APAO team. Hopefully, I will be able to come out with SOPs and guideline for the team so that they can self-regulate within the next 3 - 4 months. Need to have more discussion with my lady boss to get an idea what exactly she wants to achieve and by when. Currently the guys will be going over the Deskstop support team for a 2.5months training. Afterwhich, they will take up an even more important 24/7 supporting/monitoring role.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home