What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Jogging...

Just jogged 6km in less than an hour this evening. Not too bad for someone who used to hate jogging...

Started jogging a while back. Main reason is that it's the easiest form of cardio exercise. No need to have 'kakis' or book courts or whatever. As long as it's not raining, can jog. Of course, I don't mind losing some weight in the process. :)

There is a park near my house in Ang Mo Kio, think it's called the AMK West Park. Not very creative the name, but it is big and full of slopes. It really gives me a good workout. Imagine going 2 slopes that is 100m each and with the gradien of around 45degree... The park is a popular location for all the ah mas and ah peks to stroll and walk... Lots of people will be jogging, walking their dogs or just strolling. The place is also very well lighted, no dark corners or bushes. Very safe even if I wanna jog at night, although I don't. I will try to finish my jog by 8pm, latest.

Been jogging almost every other day. Ever since I signed up for the 10km run in the Standard Chartered Marathon this Dec, I've been jogging more frequently. Have been wanted to run in that 10km race for the last 2 years, but didn't really action on it. This year, since my seconded company is paying for its staff to join, so I happily signed up. Of course, as there will be colleagues running in the race, I cannot malu myself lar.. Must train lar, at least train not to be last... I'm following a training plan that I found in the Internet, quite good. It spaces out the jogs and other exercises to make sure the body is peak at the race day. My only wish is not the skip too many jogs due to weather, work or my plain laziness.

Used to hate jogging, cos I dont see the fun in just running and running. At that time, I was very active in school/Uni, playing sports and stuff. In those days it is very easy to gather friends to play games. Ever since graduated, it has been very difficult to get anyone to play any games. So 靠人不如靠自己,jogging became the de facto exercise for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home