What is Imm Doing?

A Place for my family and friends to know what I've been up to and what I'll be doing. 一个交待行踪和报平安的管道。。

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My New PC

Bought a new Dell Desktop PC last week to replace my 5-year old Gateway. That old PC is giving me problem - showing the Window blue screen of death, frequent physical dump and high pitch sound from the monitor... And with all the old parts (old video card and slow processor speed of 600MHz) I can't do much work without spending time waiting for it to boot up, open and close files. Normally after 3 years, a PC will start to act up and by 5 years it is as good as an antique. So that gives me valid reason to buy a new one. :)

The DELL PC was a good bargain. There was a PC fair the first weekend of Sep and lots of good bargains were offered. But among them, DELL's offer stood out, at least for me and not to mention the ease of ordering online with preference customisation. So within a week of ordering online, Dell delivered the new PC to my doorstep.
Now the specs:
- 3.4GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB
- 512MB SDRAM Memory
- 80G Hard Drive
- 16x DVD+/-RW with Dual Layer Write Capabilities
- 128MB x16ATI Radeon X300SE HyperMemory w/TV-Out and DVI
- 19" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
- MS Windows XP Home Edition
- 4 year Limited Warranty


Now I have the processor power I need to do my translation assignments and the disk space to load all the reference resources I require. Of course, the temptation is always there to play PC games. But it is a good thing that non-original games are not easily available in Singapore, so "No See, Won't Buy, Can't Play".

Have yet to really explore the DVD recording nor test the power of the graphic card... Will do that this coming weekend....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home